Wednesday, November 4, 2009

12 week appointment!


Yesterday I had my 12 week appointment. I started out with an ultrasound, then went and asked the nurse questions about pregnancy, I got my swine flu vaccination, and then go my blood drawn. The vaccination didn't hurt at all. I can't watch when I get shots because it freaks me out, so I sat on the table waiting to feel some pain. I was very suprised when she said she was finished. I didn't even feel anything! It was great. I wish that getting my blood drawn was the same story. The phlebotomist had a hard time getting my vein this time so she dug around in my arm for a little bit. She did get the vein luckily. I hate being poked multiple times! I didn't realize that they were going to draw so much blood though. They filled like 5 tubes. At the end I was feeling pretty light headed. Getting blood drawn usually does that to me!

I was so surprised to see how much my little baby had grown in just 4 weeks. It went from looking like a little jelly bean to looking like a human! It's so cool! In this picture I origionally thought that the baby was sucking his/her thumb, but after further review(I've been watching a lot of football with Steve) I've decided that it looks more like he/she is picking his/her nose lol! It's cute! I'm not sure if that is really what is going on, but it just looks like it. I can't wait to find out what the gender of my baby is. I hate writing he/she!

No comments:

Post a Comment