Friday, June 4, 2010

Another recalled item...

Last week I had received a couple gifts for Ellie. One of these gifts was an Infantino baby sling. It was purchased at the Other Mothers store. We were excited about it and decided to put Ellie in it to try it out. I thought that we had to have put her in it wrong because it looked like she could suffocate very easily. I got online today to see if I could find the proper way to put her in it and I discovered that this type of sling was recalled in March of this year! We did put her in the right way. I guess that some other babies had suffocated while using this product! This is the second time I have had a recalled baby item that was purchased at a children's resale store. The first time we bought a stroller/car seat combo from Kidz Again. The car seat had been recalled. We took it back to them and got our money back. They were very willing to work with us and seemed very embarrassed by there mistake. I know that this was from 2 different stores, but I remember seeing this same sling at the Kidz again store not too long ago. I have decided that I will only buy clothing items from these stores from now on. If any of you shop at these stores in the future, make sure you look certain items up to see if they are safe! They say that they look every item up before putting it out, but they obviously miss certain items.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you looked it up. Many babies suffocated in those things. They scare the crap out of me. I am so glad you looked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even look it up. I was looking for instructions on how to use it and I saw that it was recalled right away!

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete