Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our first church adventure!

Today we decided that Ellie and I would go to sacrament meeting. I let Steven go to all 3 meetings thinking that it wouldn't be too difficult to get Ellie ready and then to hurry and get ready myself. Well, I was pretty wrong about that! Ellie had woken up more last night than she normally does. For some reason she has only been having 1 Bowel movement a day for the past 3 days. Because of this I think that she had a tummy ache. Anyway, this morning I changed her wet diaper and got her dressed all cute for church. After changing her diaper I fed her. She was happy for a little while and then started acting hungry again. I fed her again and held her for a while. Finally I felt a little rumble and she had a small B.M.!! Who ever knew I'd be so excited to change a poopy diaper! After changing her diaper she fell asleep so I strategically put her in her car seat so that I wouldn't have to wake her up to put her in it later. I had 15 minutes to take a quick shower, get ready for church, and to get to church by then. I took a quick shower, got dressed and did my hair then Ellie woke up and started crying. I picked her up and fed her a little more. She had fallen asleep again, but I could tell that she really needed her diaper changed. She was very messy this time! I almost got her cleaned and was getting her a new diaper when she started urinating. Now there was urine all over the place so I had to do her laundry. As I was doing that she started crying again. I took her out to the rocking chair, finished feeding her and she happily fell asleep. Finally we were ready to go! I looked up at the clock and it was 11:30. Church had just ended. Maybe next week we will actually make it to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment