Wednesday, February 3, 2010

25 week dr. visit.

I had a my Dr. appointment today and everything is still very good. He said that my belly is growing just like it is supposed to. That means my little baby isn't growing too quickly! This makes me happy because Steven's family has big 9 lb babies and I really don't want mine to come out that big! That would be so painful! Her heart rate was 142 bpm which is perfect! I'm so glad everything is going so well!

I finally quit working as a waitress! Yesterday was my last day and boy am I glad. My back, legs and feet hurt so bad after working there and I'm not even into my third trimester yet! My Dr. said that the third trimester is pretty hard on your body so I'm thinking that quitting right now was a great idea!

Other than all of that everything is great! I've been pretty tired because of my schedule, but still doing very well. I guess that is all I have for this post.

1 comment:

  1. This week I learned in my fetal development class that the size of the baby has a lot to do with the size of the ovum, which is determined by the mom's genetic make up, not the dad's. So, the likelihood that you will produce big babies just because Steve's sisters did is unlikely. You do however possess some of your dad's genes, and Stacey had big babies. However, Stacey is not a full genetic sibling to your dad and could have received the genes for large ovums from her dad.

    I'm glad that Ellie is progressing normally! Keep eating healthfully and take your vitamins. At this point in development, Ellie will probably be exposed to the flavors and smells of the food you eat. If you eat lots of vegetables now, maybe she will like them when she can start to eat real food!

    Also, make sure you are providing her with a warm and safe environment. She is inside you, so she is even more in tune with your emotional states that she will be once she is born. Try to be continually cognizant of her presence. She never misses a thing with you. Talk to her and sing to her as much as you can. She is already learning the sounds of the language she will be learning to speak. Tell her stories and recite nursery rhymes to her. I don't know if it really helps that much, but it certainly can't hurt!

    I'm really glad you quit at pizza hut. You will not come to regret that decision. And yes, this next 15 weeks is a marathon. Ellie will be growing at an incredible rate, her brain will already be making neural connections based on what she is learning in utero, and you will start to feel uncomfortable sharing your body with your baby. She will start sticking her foot up into your ribs and kicking and squirming in ways that will make you want to cry.

    Remember, though, you only have 15 weeks to go. Then, it's a whole new set of issues! Like sharing her with other people and her wanting to sleep all the time - except when you want to sleep - and which outfit should she wear this hour and.............

    ReplyDelete