Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Getting ready for baby

The due date is rapidly approaching so I am taking this next few weeks to prepare for her to come. I've been trying to get our apartment and everything in order and completely cleaned up. I deep cleaned the car on Saturday, then Steven installed the base of the car seat. It is nice to have that part taken care of! I've been trying to get all of the laundry here done too. I started with my laundry, so I still have to wash all of the blankets, bedding, toys and baby clothes. Then I need to clean the bassinet again. It is already all dusty. I have read that it is good to have a bag packed for the hospital. I'm still not quite sure what to pack, but I guess I should start getting all of that ready. I should probably make a list. If anyone has any ideas on what I should pack let me know! I also want to make a bunch of meals that I can freeze in advance so that I don't have to worry about cooking for the first couple of weeks after our baby is born. All I can think of making is chicken enchiladas, so if you know of any good meals that are good for freezing feel free to share them with me :).

3 comments:

  1. oh good luck megan! you should check out fabulesslyfrugal.com and look around there for where it gives freezer cooking meals...good ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a pretty comprehensive list of things for you to think about taking here http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/labourandbirth/planningyourbabysbirth/whattopack/ Some of the things (like diapers and maternity pads) are provided while you are in the hospital, but you will want to make sure you have them when you get home. You aren't going to feel like shopping then.

    You probably won't really need to freeze a lot of food. The first few days you won't want to cook, but after that you'll be feeling better, and the baby will be sleeping a lot, so you will have time to cook some easier things.

    Also, I know it is exciting to get ready for the baby - just remember to save some energy for actually having her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that you can google hospital bag packing lists or there is a forum at whattoexpect.com that talks about what people are bringing http://www.whattoexpect.com/forums/june-2010-babies/topic/please-re-post-hospital-bag-lists This one might be helpful too I know it was for me I didn't even think about this stuff http://www.whattoexpect.com/forums/june-2010-babies/topic/stuff-to-have-at-home-after-delivery-for-yourself?page=1
    I get on this site a lot to ask questions and read others questions and answers. It's pretty helpful.

    ReplyDelete