Monday, April 26, 2010

37 weeks

What a day it has been today! I had my Dr. appointment this morning. It went well. Everything is still average! My doctor checked my cervix again today and I am now 2 cm. dilated and 50% effaced. He said that that is normal for this time during pregnancy.

I've been washing the cute little clothes that we have, and so far I haven't ruined any of them! I don't know why I've been so scared to ruin them. I don't usually have problems like that doing laundry anyway! I still have quite a bit to do today, but I need a break!

Just a little while ago I needed to use the restroom. After going I noticed I was bleeding. I was completely freaked out! I wasn't sure what was going on so I hurried to the phone and called my Doctors office. The blood wasn't heavy at all, it was just pink. It turns out that getting your cervix checked can cause spotting. I was just told to keep watching it and if it gets heavier to go straight to labor and delivery. I bet it will just stop though. I kind of felt dumb after the phone call because I was completely freaked out and I'm sure they could hear that in my voice. Now I know the difference between heavy bleeding and spotting. I used to think that spotting was when you would just have a couple of little spots of blood, but it turns out that it is when it is pink, or brown and light. That is nice to know!

1 comment:

  1. You did the right thing calling the doctor. That's what you pay him for. I'll bet they are used to having patients call them all the time for things they don't expect but are normal.

    I'm sure they prefer you call and ask than show up at the emergency room!

    So - it's almost time! Woooo hoooo!

    ReplyDelete