Wednesday, March 3, 2010

week 29

I only have about 11 weeks to go! I'm so excited and I really hope it goes by quickly! I had a Dr. appointment today. I was very nervous about it because I had to do the one hour glucose test. I had previously heard that the drink was really bad. I also knew that I would be getting my blood drawn, which isn't fun for me. I think that I have already expanded on that in one of my past posts! Well it turns out that the drink isn't that bad at all. It was just really sweet. The phlebotomist was able to draw blood with no problem too! It was great. Getting blood drawn doesn't hurt when it goes strait into the vein! I loved the fact that she didn't have to dig around in my arm and then poke me again!

The last couple of weeks I have had this sharp stabbing pain near my cervix. There were two instances where the pain lasted for quite a while. I talked to some people about it to see if it was normal and none of those people had experienced it. One girl insisted that I needed to call my doctor to see what was going on. On that day the pain had lasted for about an hour so we thought that it would be best to call. I was at work when this was going on, so when the nurse called me back she heard talking and laughing in the background. She assumed that I was having fun and told me since I was at work everything was obviously okay. She told me to try a liquid form of tums. I still don't know where to find something like that, and I don't see how that could have anything to do with this particular pain. Then she said that I could also try a support belt for my belly, which made a little more sense. I knew that wasn't the cause though. It was just different. I brought the issue up with my doctor and finally got a good answer! It turns out that everything is okay, but it is nice to know what is really going on. My baby is putting pressure on my bladder when this is going on. My doctor said that I did the right thing for calling. He said that he would rather have a patient come in 20 times and have nothing wrong than not coming in at all and actually having a serious problem. I just wanted to know that everything was okay!

I am now at the point of my pregnancy where I have to go to the doctor every 2 weeks. I can't believe that it's almost over. I'm so excited to see and hold my little baby in my arms! I'm sure being a mom will be very tiring (that's all anyone talks about anyway), but I just know that I'm going to love it!

1 comment:

  1. You are so going to love it! I did. Yeah, I was tired, and crazy, but I wouldn't trade holding you in my arms after you were born for the world. There is NOTHING in the world like it. You don't even know how much you can love yet. Just remember, when you hold that sweet little baby in your arms and swear that nothing could make you feel this much love, that is how I felt - and still feel - about you.

    You were worth every sleepless night you ever cause - and then some! ANd Ellie is sooooo lucky to have you for a mom and Steven for a dad. She is the luckiest girl in the world!

    ReplyDelete