Sunday, May 9, 2010

Getting Nervous!

So it's getting close to time for me to have Ellie and there are some issues that I have thought about that are kind of making me nervous. I hope I'm not going to sound like a mean person with this post, but I was up really late worrying about this last night so here I go... Right now our apartment is very quiet and peaceful and usually Steven and I are the only ones here. We are both somewhat private people and like our peace and quiet. I really do like to have visitors occasionally, and I would probably like to have people over a little more than we do now, but I am scared that after I have our baby everybody is going to want to be here ALL OF THE TIME! The only extra person I really want here for a while is my mom. She will come and help me with things that I need help with, but I don't know if I'd like the stress of having everyone over everyday expecting me to entertain them. I especially don't want them to take my baby from me all of the time. I think I am going to be one of those mom's that wants to hold her baby a lot. I understand that she is the first grandchild and great grandchild... but nobody comes to see me now. I know that I am probably being selfish for thinking this way, but it kind of hurts a little. Hopefully it wont be all bad and everybody will know their limits. I could just be freaking out about nothing, but I can see this stuff happening. I am really glad that everyone is so excited for her to come and that she is going to be so loved. I just hope that it doesn't turn into a stressful situation. Well I don't know if what I wrote makes any sense because I am just rambling on! I just needed to get this out. Hopefully things will turn out great and I can avoid a lot of stress. I don't want to cause any problems with my family. I really want them to be a part of her life. I'm just hoping that they will respect us.

2 comments:

  1. Just don't open the door Megan. Unless its me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a sign to put your door that says "Baby sleeping - please come back later" and if that doesn't work just tell me who they are and I'll have a chat with them. You know how I am when my mommy hairs are bristling.

    ReplyDelete